See the Show!

Arts Club Theatre presents... Mom's the Word 2: Unhinged at the Granville Island Stage From now until June 9, 2007 Ticketmaster: 604.280.3311 Box Office: 604.687.1644 Online: www.artsclub.com

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

New Story from Jill Daum

STRENGTH IN ADVERSITY

I thought I could get closer to my kids if we liked some of the same things. I tried joining a soccer league but I pulled my hamstring. While attempting to surf I got stuck in my wetsuit. And when I entered the same store as them, they disowned me.
Then one Sunday while driving over to Grandma’s for dinner this song came on the radio and we simultaneously all yelled “That Sucks”. We went on and on about how awful it was. Imitating the singer and laughing our heads off. It was great. It’s way too hard to find anything all three of us like, but something all three of us hate? Easy. I just have to bring up our neighbour’s Speedo, Nickleback, or my husband’s mustache … and we are instantly one big happy family.

No comments:

Pictures from the show in Austrailia!

Pictures from the show in Austrailia!
The Aussie cast pose with Jill Daum (R) and Alison Kelly(L) seated centre